Architectural Shingles Provide a Textured Look for Your Edmonton Home
If you want a roof that provides superior weather protection while boosting curb appeal, consider architectural shingles for your Edmonton home. Also known as laminated or dimensional shingles, architectural roofing shingles are one of the best quality roofing products available today.
Architectural shingles are thick and have a distinct, textured and layered appearance because they come in various sizes and overlap. Asphalt shingles can be made to simulate different roofing materials, such as cedar shakes and slate, to provide you with a unique roof. Marshall Roofing offers these beautiful architectural shingles in Edmonton so you can beautify your home without sacrificing durability or expense.
Benefits of Architectural Shingles in Edmonton
When compared to standard or 3-tab shingles—the shingles that run in flat, even rows—architectural shingles offer many benefits.
- Installation: Architectural asphalt shingles have three-dimensional texture built into them, so they are sturdier and heavier than 3-tab shingles. They don’t need the extra support built under them, so they lighten the load for your roof.
- Durability: Architectural shingles are heavier than 3-tab shingles. They are also more durable because they are made from multiple layers of material. The thickness and composition help provide higher wind resistance and better fire resistance than standard shingles.
- Cost: These high performance shingles cost less than slate or shake roofing and they cost about the same as 3-tab shingles because 3-tab are often more difficult to install. Architectural shingles last longer and require less maintenance compared to 3-tab shingles.
- Appearance: Architectural shingles are customizable to fit your individual preferences. The 3D pattern of these shingles can be designed to look like other, more expensive, roofing materials. Their depth and texture provide a high quality appearance without extra maintenance hassles or expenses. They also come in a variety of colours and textures to match the look and feel of your home.
Maintenance Tips for Shingled Roofs
While the durability of architectural roofs means they require less maintenance than other types of roofing, you still need to take some steps to ensure your roof will last as long as possible. Below are our top 5 maintenance tips:
- Check the eavestroughs and spouts: clogged eavestroughs can collect debris and put pressure on your roof. Make sure your roof won’t be weakened by clearing your eavestroughs.
- Clear debris: after a storm you should check your roof for debris. Be sure to remove any sticks or debris you find to protect your shingles.
- Check for loose and damaged shingles: loose and damaged shingles should be repaired as soon as you notice them because they can cause larger problems.
- Cut back limbs of trees: overhanging trees can cause damage to your roof. Any dead limbs that fall could land on your roof and cause serious structural damage. Protect your home by cutting back branches that are too close to your roof.
For an attractive and durable roof, choose architectural shingles. If you are looking to install architectural shingles in Edmonton, be sure to contact Marshall Roofing Ltd.